Saturday, April 01, 2006

A flash in the pan

I'm flashing my stash today, but it will be a brief glimpse. You see, I don't hoard yarn the same way many do. I think it has to do with my dislike of clutter, and my dislike of spending money on something I'm not sure I'll ever use.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a sucker for supplies, tools, books and gadgets relating to a number of different crafts. I seem to be more tentative when it comes to yarn purchases. I have no problem stocking up on sock yarn, or felting yarn, as I know I can use these without a particular plan. But when it comes to larger purchases, I hesitate. I've been burned once or twice by buying something I loved, then not having enough when I actually found a project to match the yarn. So I tend to buy as I need the yarn, and generally use it right away.

What I do seem to have a lot of are the *leftovers.* At least two baskets are filled with the remains of former projects, just enough to keep, not really enough to use for much. It's hard to part with them...and I do think they come in useful at odd moments.

So without further ado, I present to you some of the prettiest yarn currently waiting for the needles to do their magic.

Basic felting yarn:

Image hosting by Photobucket


A little fancier felting yarn:

Image hosting by Photobucket


Some lovely handpainted merino:

Image hosting by Photobucket



Superb sock yarn (sigh):

Image hosting by Photobucket



And a sampling of the precious leftovers:

Image hosting by Photobucket


Now get on over the Wendy's and check out the entire list of *Flash Your Stash* participants!

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I'm like you Leslie, I can buy sock yarn endlessly but the bigger purchases don't tempt me unless I have a particular pattern in mind.

Tami said...

I am not comfortable in clutter myself. I keep myself limited to one organized cabinet that I use baskets in to store my stash.

I have cut back on my purchases of books & yarn now that I have a more realistic idea of how much I can knit in a year.

ec said...

Your sock yarn is beautiful! I'm tempted to try one now...

^_^

sheep#100 said...

Pretty, pretty.
See my Stash Flash