Monday, April 03, 2006

Almost good enough to eat

I needed a quick little project as a diversion to the latest pair of socks I'm working on, so this little gem was just the ticket. I found the pattern online here recently and just needed the right time to give it a go.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I used Cascade 220 for the cake, and Berocco "Plush" for the frosting. The cherry on top is knit with a bit of Shaeffer "Elaine." All just leftovers from other projects. Woo hoo! Knitting with size 3 DPNs, the base of the cake is about 2 inches in diameter. Almost actual cupcake size!

Anyway, this was a fun little project and a very easy pattern to follow. The only downside? Now I want a *real* one to bite into!

9 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That cupcake is adorable! And I love the way your frosting looks.

goodkarma said...

The Plush worked out so well for frosting... it reminds me of those sugary snowballs you can get in the (Hostess?) cupcake section of the supermarket. Only cuter!

The Sexy Knitter said...

What a cute idea! I definietly want to make one now, as soon as I figure out what to do with it/who to give it to. (I'm a very "useful" knitter. . .)

ethereal

Anonymous said...

"Delicious" cupcake! Also, would you mind telling what size suede handles you used for the felted bag? 18in or 24in? I'm already knitting mine, inspired by your lovely FO. Thank you!

Leslie said...

I ordered the 24" suede handles for the Roxy bag. Happy knitting!

sarah said...

That is so adorable! Karma's right, it totally looks like a hostess snowball or something along those lines. I love your blog too. You have made some fabulous projects.

LaBean said...

OOOH I'm hungry now! that's awesome! :D ThangQ for the link to the pattern :D

Anonymous said...

I love the icing on this cupcake. I'm wondering how long it would take to make it. I'd love to make this for my students mothers. I'm not sure I'd have the time to make 30 before school is ends.

Joanne said...

I love that you used fluffy yarn for the frosting.