Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Proof of knitting

The Trekking 100 socks are finally ready to wear! I finished the second sock yesterday, and you won't believe how different they are. In this shot, the differences seem small.

Trekking 100 socks


On my feet, though, it's another story.

Trekking 100 socks


Wow, what a variation! I love them, though, and I'll be wearing them often.

As for other projects, here's something I won't be wearing. First it looked like this.

Image hosting by Photobucket


And it became this.

Image hosting by Photobucket


It's the egg cozy sweater from Weekend Knitting, which I've been intending to knit for a long time. I seem to be on a *miniature* kick, and this quick project filled the bill for me. I don't know if I'll make more for my Easter eggs--I might be too busy trying this.

4 comments:

Rain said...

You socks look great and all the more interesting for not matching.

The egg cosy has to be the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

Toni said...

Dreamy colorway. Your feet look very happy!

chacha / Jen said...

LOVE those socks -- what a beautiful colorway!

I have one of the egg cozy sweaters myself. The pattern is too cute. :)

Jennifer Finch said...

Since I'm famously not technical, I was unable to post this comment under the tiramisu posting. If you're bitten by the tiramisu bug, I thought I'd share a recipe that I've found to be one of my favorites... http://www.heavenlytiramisu.com/rcp-137.htm
I've tried recipes with brandy, rum, marsala, raw egg, custard, no egg and then this one with whipped cream. It's darned tasty my dear. Hope you enjoy!