Monday, January 16, 2006

Meet Maggie

Last week I made my first project from the Japanese craft book I got for Christmas. Here she is!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is my first "glove dog," which my daughter promptly named Maggie. She's a little lopsided, far from perfect, but pretty good for a first attempt. Maggie started life as a $1.59 polyester glove on the rack at my local Ace Hardware. Now she has a new home and a new owner (my daughter!) to love her.

Since this pup is entirely handsewn, and has buttons for eyes and nose, she wouldn't be appropriate for small children. But for big kids like me, it's all good. Now I need to try one of the many sock animal options (maybe the elephant?) in this great book.

10 comments:

HibiscuitsGirl said...

That is so cute!!

I love Japanese patterns. They're so cute and just slightly...off. Very original. You have a lucky daughter.

Vicki said...

SO cute! I love the little belly-button (that is what that is, right?) and nose. Definitely a great start!

PlazaJen said...

That is the cutest thing, EVER. I love it! You have to bring that book sometime, I'd love to see it.

Scoutj said...

How freaking cute!

goodkarma said...

Ack! So cute! I love the belly button, too. The tiniest details make the difference, eh? What a great project.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Cute! He reminds me of the old Pets.com dog from the commercials.

Samantha said...

Very cute - I am impressed for a first attempt. Here's to many more!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutly ADORABLE! Maggie may be lopsided but she blinds you with the cuteness factor =)

Lisa P said...

Wow that is so cute! I love the belly button too. :)

kath red said...

just adorable