Thursday, January 19, 2006

The journey , part one

This sock has been everywhere with me as I've tried to focus on getting it off the needles. Piano lessons, orthodontist appointments, play practice...you name it. Today, I finally set it free!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


This is my first time knitting with Trekking yarn (color #109), and I love it. It's nicely fuzzy, easy on the hands, and I love the way the colors just meld into one another. There's a heathery look about it that just pleases me. I'm ready to cast on the second one now, so I can wear this pair soon. Oh, and did I mention there's another ball of Trekking waiting in the wings?

6 comments:

Scoutj said...

Oh so pretty! I love it.

I need to get off the dang computer so I can KNIT mine!

Yeah So said...

wow, LOVE the colors. Now I want one (er, two)...and just when I thought I had my project list under control...

Kyra said...

Mmmm, Kristin was knitting hers in this color last night....Trekking is aweseome. I think I needs me some 100....

HibiscuitsGirl said...

Pretty!

Man, everyone is knitting socks now. I'm gonna have to give sock knitting another go.

Elizabeth said...

Very nice. I think on my next socks, I'll carry the ribbing down the top of the foot, too. Do you find that it makes a smoother fit?

goodkarma said...

Ooooh I love the way the colors melt together in that skein. I still haven't tried Trekking; I've got to get some!