Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cables in the snow

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


O.K., so I didn't really go outside to take this shot of the Irish Hiking scarf in progress...but it *is* snowing today, hence the poor lighting due to the gray, soggy skies.

This is a Christmas gift for my dad this year. For the first time ever, he asked for a handknit item, and this scarf in particular. I made it last year for my husband in a medium gray alpaca and Dad liked it. The yarn for this one is very yummy, softer than the alpaca and not a bit scratchy. It's Cashsoft DK (by Rowan, I think) and it's a blend of merino, microfiber and cashmere.

Anyway, I think Dad will enjoy it. Max gives it a two ears up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Scoutj said...

Super purty!!!

And TAG!

http://scoutj.blogspot.com/2005/12/tag-youre-it.html

Anonymous said...

The scarf - gorgeous, the dog BREATHTAKING!! What a beautiful doggie :-)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I like that scarf pattern! Thanks for the link!