Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I really am a lemming

I've always liked to think of myself as independent. Creative, smart, my own person. (Don't we all like that image of ourselves?) When it comes to knitting, however, that all seems to go out the door. I faithfully read the blogs. Thumb through the knitting magazines. Peruse the newest pattern books. And then? I knit what everyone else is knitting.

For some reason, I have a hard time resisting the pull of the "popular" patterns. The glamour shots of those FOs, the to-die-for yarns...they suck me into their spell. I can't get them out of my head.

So, as proof of what I'm talking about, I'll show you want turned up on my doorstep yesterday when the UPS man rang the bell. It was a package I ordered from this shop.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Inside the package were these.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Yep, you got it. First up, the Lace Leaf shawl from Fiber Trends. So pretty, can be knit in many different yarn weights. Next on deck, the baby Bobbi Bear. Irresistible! The question is, when (if ever) will I knit these? I don't know. But do I feel better having them in the pattern stash? You betcha.