Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Finally branching out

After completing my latest felting frenzy (at least for a week) I *let* myself cast on for a new project. A non-felting project, I might add!

I enjoyed knitting the lace pattern in Cozy, so when I saw the Branching Out scarf from the spring Knitty, I knew I wanted to give it a try. I'm actually using one of the specified yarns--Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold--which I don't normally do.

Here's a peek at the small start I've made. This is three pattern repeats.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I think this will be a fun knit, but not one I can tackle while talking or dealing with a lot of distractions. The yarn is a little splitty, and not very flexible, so there are a few stitches that can be somewhat tricky to maneuver. Fortunately, my favorite Addis allow for lots of *slide*--which is a good thing in this case.

Now I just hope I can stay on track with this. Between end-of-school-year activities, planning a family vacation, AND a 50th wedding anniversary celebration, the knitting time has fallen way down. Waaaah!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Your swatch looks great. That's another pattern on my list. I sooo hear you about losing your knitting time recently.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I think your "branching out" is the same color/same yarn as one of mine! I too have the same issue of not being able to multi-task and knit this pattern. I am enjoying it though. Yours looks great!

Ruthanne in Seattle