Friday, December 16, 2011

It's that time of year!

Well, hello, first snow!
 
Now baking: cheddar-pepper palmiers!

First gift wrapped!


It's December 16--my husband's birthday!--and I am just realizing how close we are to Christmas Day! The days fly by and suddenly the actually holiday is upon us. Sigh.

Though I'm generally very organized, I somehow never find the time (or plan for it) to make more gifts, more decorations, more goodies. I did most of my shopping online this year (thank you, Etsy and Amazon) but even so, the time to do those things that are so enjoyable seems to just disappear.

This weekend is set aside for wrapping and baking; I'm still compiling my list of goodies to make, trying to decide which ones must make the cut. Caramel corn, matzoh crunch, truffle cookies, peanut brittle, Oreo truffles?...the list is really endless.

So I ask: If you could bake or make just one treat this season, what would it be? I'd love to know! (And links to your favorite recipes are always appreciated.)

Here's to a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Those little treats on the baking sheet are cheddar-pepper palmiers and they are delicious. They're best eaten fresh from the oven. Yum.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! The one cookie recipe I have to make at Christmas is Polish Tea Cakes. They are on my blog and I just love them.