Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finish what you start

So I realized a day or two ago that I never gave you look at the finished February baby sweater. I uploaded photos to flickr, updated my project page on Ravelry, and I guess I thought that was it! So without further ado, let's wrap this up, shall we?

February baby sweater


I'm very happy with how this project turned out. I love the yarn and the colorway as well. This is for my niece, who's expecting a baby girl in October, so I believe the sizing will be right.

I'm not much into buttoning lots of buttons (especially when a wiggly little one is involved) so I opted instead to add a single button and button loop.

Button detail


I got the idea for this closure from Allison. She did a similar one on a garter stitch baby sweater and I loved it. You can recreate this on your next sewing or knitting project, too. Just follow the instructions on Ysolda's blog and you'll be good to go.

I consider completing this little sweater an accomplishment for me. I've never found EZ's patterns to be, well, easy, so making it through to the end makes me happy. Now I need to get my act together for some fall knitting (socks and mittens, anyone?).

Project notes: Sweater pattern from Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Knit on size 4 Addi turbos. Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn, Petal Shower colorway.

10 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It's so beautiful! And I have trouble with EZ patterns, too. I know everyone raves about how brilliant she was and the unique way she would do things but I often get confused.

Amy said...

It's just beautiful! You did a great job and the pics are perfect.

heather smith jones said...

the sweater you made is adorable and the yarn is so soft and warm. that will be one snuggle baby! :)

Anonymous said...

It is perfect Leslie! And that yarn is gorgeous... perfect for a little girl!

Elizabeth said...

Like strawberries and cream! Mmm. Can I start eating now?

Beautiful, as always.

Happily Knit said...

It's beautiful--the closure is great!

Emily said...

I just dropped in on your page and fell in love with your little sweater! It is so beautiful! Good work!

Anonymous said...

I can never get enough of seeing this darling pink sweater. It's just beautiful.
a.

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I love the little buttonhole you created!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

So beautiful.. I DO really like the button loop.