Thursday, July 12, 2007

More yarn=more knitting?

More yarn available to knit should mean more knitting, right? Hmm...sometimes true with me. My stash is small so I usually do have a *purpose* for the yarn I buy. One thing I don't mind stashing is sock yarn.

Trekking 108


This yarn was definitely purchased with a purpose in mind. My mom has been saying for some time now that she'd enjoy a pair of handknit socks. My mom actually does knit a bit, and learned to make argyle socks when she was a teen. She's sticking with baby items, now, though, so she'd rather have me handle the sock knitting. Her birthday is mid-August so I cast on over the weekend for what I hope will be a gift for that special day.

Trekking 108 sock start


A few months ago I sent her links to several yarns, and this is what she chose. I'm happy! Trekking is pretty much my favorite and I haven't had the chance to try this colorway--#108--before. I think these will be great blue jeans socks.

I also have this yarn patiently waiting to be gifted.

Lorna's Laces


It's Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, color #42. Intended for a baby sweater, although I'm hoping two skeins will do the job. We'll see!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I love that Trekking colorway. Is it a new one? I have tried to stay away from yarn sites lately, but may have to sneak back for some peeks.

sgeddes said...

Beautiful color selection. I bet she'll be really happy wiht how that is goign to knit up.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Leslie, I think your mother will be so pleased with the socks you'll make - just for her!

Stacy said...

I just found your blog - it is adorable! I love those socks, I am all about color. Someday I will learn how to knit and make a cozy pair of socks of my very own :)

Unknown said...

I have that exact Trekking yarn on the needles right now. I buy yarn as souvenirs, and that one is a remembrance of a week at a cottage in northern Wisconsin last fall.