Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Hats off!

About a year ago I came across this pattern for several adorable toddler hats. At the time I thought they would be too large for my little niece, so I passed it by. Recently I remembered the pattern and decided to give it a go.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Just one skein of Tahki Cotton Classic and a couple of nights of TV watching produced this lacy sun hat. My only challenge was in the blocking; all my mixing bowls were either too large or too small! I also tried starching the hat but didn't like the result, so I rinsed it and blocked it again.

I have no idea if the finished product will fit my 20-month-old niece, but we'll be seeing them this weekend as we vacation together. My hope is that it fits and will provide a nice little bit of sun protection as we play outside. If the size is right, I have a skein of fuscia yarn that will be perfect for the tulip hat as well!

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That is absolutely the most adorable sun hat ever!

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, Leslie, that petite chapeau is so cute! What little girl wouldn't love it?

Elizabeth said...

It's adorable!

Abbey said...

How sweet! I wish I had a little girl to knit for. We need a new baby in our family (extended family, that is.. just to clarify), so that I can knit these fun things!

Kyra said...

Very, very cute!