Saturday, June 10, 2006

Something to wear

So here's proof that I'm working on something other than warshrags and felted bags. It's the start of something I'm sure you'll recognize.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yep, it's theGreen--er, brown--Gable tee that so many people seem to be knitting now. I read the many comments on the KAL before starting--which almost made me afraid to start! There seem to be lots of sizing issues out there. I did have to go up one needle size to get gauge, and then I plowed ahead with the pattern as written. I tried it on just after the sleeves were separated and felt the armhole was a bit too tight, so it all went back on the needles for a couple of extra rounds of increases. At the next fitting things seemed better, so now I'm into the endless miles of stockinette.

The next time you see this, I'm hoping it's finished--and it fits!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty and great color. i love cotton fleece.

Kyra said...

Hmmm, might have to break down and buy that pattern....

sarah said...

It's not all that bad. I just finished one in the same color! It turns out just beautifully.