Saturday, June 24, 2006

Random acts of knitting

The summer is flying by and the busy-ness has greatly limited the time I spend with knitting needles in hand. I *am* knitting, just here and there, not very focused I'm afraid. The Green Gable tee is nearly finished..just a couple of inches remaining on the sweater itself, then finishing off the sleeves and hopefully ready to wear.

To distract myself from the endless stockinette, I started another pair of socks (it's summer--why?) with the Lorna's Laces yarn that's been patiently waiting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is the same yarn that I tried to coerce last summer into becoming a pair of socks, but could never seem to get gauge. I ended up ripping back those socks at least three times, then rewound the yarn and just let it languish for a year! This time things seem to be right on track.

And in anticipation of a road trip this week, I decided another portable project was needed, so I bought this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


More cotton! These little skeins are destined to become a sweet little top for my niece. I'm hoping there's some good knitting time on the road so I can start--and finish--this one.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

At least you've got plenty of variety! Your sock is so pretty. Just my colors of course.

Anonymous said...

All I seem to be knitting right now is socks, too. I was just at a shop in Salina and picked up something on the order of six skeins of sock yarn.

I figure I'll have me a bunch of new socks come September.