Friday, April 21, 2006

Bagging it again

Are you sick of my pink and orange creations yet? Much as I like the combination, I'm even starting to wish for new colors. I decided to use yarn I had left from the Roxy bag to make a small creation of my own. Nothing fancy, but something I might be able to sell. My mom has a friend who's offered to take a few things on consignment, so we'll see how it goes. Somehow I think I'll tire of knitting bags before really making any money!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I also need to come up with some embellishments to add some *zing* to my bags. I tried a sort of spider mum but I'm not sure it's a keeper. I find the small items are especially hard to felt, much more so than the bags. Maybe I should stick with the bags and let folks embellish on their own.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Time now for a new color combo. Lime and chocolate brown, maybe?

16 comments:

amy said...

i love the flower on it! another great bag :)

Anne Margaret said...

Oh - keep the spider mum! Really great! So hard to make cute little felted things without them looking like a lump! Great job!

goodkarma said...

Personally? No, I'm not sick of your pink and orange creations! :) They're so cheerful in a good way. The felted flower on this bag is perfect.

Okay, so chocolate and lime would be a good combo, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I like flower too. The bag is so cute!

ChelleC said...

I love the bag. Didn't that feature that spider mum in one of the knitting mags out right now? I sort of remember it. I think those will sell very well, and I love the pink/orange colors together for summer. I never tire of pink and orange, especially together. Chelle

Vicki said...

Great bag! I don't know if I could ever get sick of pink and orange, but I'm a big "brownand" fan too. I like the flower too btw, great touch.

sarah said...

No way, I'm loving the spidery flower. It goes perfectly with the softness of the bag.

Kyra said...

The flower is very cool. Keep it up with the embellishments! Mmmm, lime and brown, and Andes Mint bag! Sounds delicious.

PlazaJen said...

Love the colors, and sure, try some new ones for fun (esp if you're selling them!) I love the flower (and the little chain! precious!) Have fun with different colors, it's a great way to experiment combos! (and there's always light pink & orange, like sherbet?!)

Yeah So said...

love it love it! I vote for chocolate brown and aqua.

Sherri said...

The bag would lose so much of it's personality without the flower, and I love your pink & orange!! Sure wish you were my partner in the Tote Exchange I'm in!!

ChelleC said...

I love brown and green too! Sounds like a winning color combo - Kyra, now you've got me craving those darned Ande's mints. Yikes. Chelle

Anonymous said...

Love Pink and orange... check out the one I did ... I think it has great embelishments :)

I have a question though... where did you get the tabs to join the handles to the bage - they look like leather.?

Leslie said...

Sue, I used a paisley printed orange grograin ribbon (from Michael's) to atttach the handles. Just cut a piece a couple of inches long, then sew the ribbon to the inside of the bag. I found this to be easier than attaching the hardware directly to the bag. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY!! Absolutely. I like the flower, neat touch. Colors as always, delicious. Brava Bella!

Elizabeth said...

I love embellishment on the button hole bag.