Friday, February 17, 2006

As the heel turns

There hasn't been a lot of knitting here lately, what with planning for two birthdays coming in the next two weeks (I'll soon have a 13- and 16-year old!) along with all the usual life busyness. When I do catch a minute, it's usually some simple sock knitting. Yesterday I finally got to this point in my Trekking 100 socks.


The profile shot

Image hosting by Photobucket


And the full-length shot

Image hosting by Photobucket


I'm still loving this yarn and the rainbow of colors! You can see I reverted to the most basic sock pattern after trying the Jaywalkers and another pattern as well. Somehow this yarn has such a strong *personality* all on its own, I decided to keep it all very simple.

Lest you think I'm stuck in a sock rut, I also started this.

Image hosting by Photobucket


It's Roxy Lady, available on The Garter Belt. (Mine will be felted, of course.) Check it out!

5 comments:

Rain said...

The yarn for the socks is beautiful. I definitely think you did the right thing by going for something plain.

Katie said...

I agree--that yarn is WAAAY too pretty to be obscured by acomplex pattern. Your sock looks great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, I can't even imagine knitting something that complicated!


Kestrel

Jocele said...

Love the colors! I made a booga bag last year with similar colors. Guess we have both have great taste. The sock looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Such Fabulous sock colors. I really need to get some sock yarn that will actually Inspire me to knit socks!