Monday, February 14, 2005

Vintage love

Happy Valentine's Day to all! In honor of the day, I want to share with you something I love. Take a look.



This is a vintage Valentine I purchased a couple of years ago at an antique show. An elderly couple was selling most of their cards, and I snatched up quite a few. They told me they wanted the Valentines to have a home with someone who would appreciate them, as their children would probably just throw them away one day after they were gone.

This one is especially neat because it's three-dimensional and so beautiful. I bought one other like this, but I wish now I'd selected even more! I've never seen any like this since that day.

Here are a few others in my collection.





And my daughter's favorite (with moveable arms)



So I hope these bring a smile to your face on this day! Now go give someone you love a big hug.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your valentines, Leslie. Thanks for sharing.
I posted one of my favorites yesterday, purchased with several more in a similar circumstance.
I found your blog several weeks ago..I think you are the one who got me to make my FMBag..were you in the knit-along? (That luscious orange and pink version?)
Jan (www.bemused.typepad.com)

Abbey said...

They are wonderful, Leslie!
I love vintage cards... Hannah's piano teacher gave her one for her birthday.. with kittens playing the piano. :)