Monday, January 14, 2013

Just another random Monday

Sunday Dutch baby breakfast

Another Monday is here, sunny but cold! Our furnace decided to stop working--not once, but twice--over the weekend, so I'm thankful on this brisk day to once again have heat in the house. The Dutch baby I made yesterday was my attempt to warm up the kitchen (and my tummy) a bit while we waited for the repair person.

I'm  feeling rather unproductive today as afternoon has crept up on me and I don't have a lot to show for my time. I'm thinking tonight's supper might be leftover soup; I made this chicken pot pie soup last week and it was fabulous! Comfort food is always a winner in winter, don't you think?

Besides cooking and baking, I've been trying to get out with my camera(s) this winter, though it's a hard sell for me when the temperatures plummet. I took a little photo walk last Friday with some friends, and my SX-70 was my camera of choice. Unfortunately, the shots weren't what I'd hoped for; black and white film would have worked better on that gray day. Knowing there will be more gloomy days ahead, I ordered two packs of FP-3000B for my Polaroid pack camera today, so I'll be prepared the next time around!

Speaking of black and white photos, one of my Hipstamatic shots is included in a roundup today on Mortal Muses. Take a minute to hop over there and read the post on the Tintype SnapPak for Hipstamatic. There's some great information and truly fabulous shots included in the post. If you're not a Hipstamatic user, now's the time to jump on board!


No comments: