Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Life is what happens

17 candles


It's birthday week here! My daughter celebrated her 17th on Friday, and my son will turn 20 tomorrow. Crazy, huh? Just like all moms (and dads), I have a hard time remembering where the time went. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were giving baths, reading bedtime stories, leaving teeth under the pillow for the tooth fairy? And what about all those soccer games, concerts, and music lessons?

These milestones remind me that life moves too quickly. All those little, daily things? The tiny moments, the small victories? Those are where the real living is. And I don't intend to miss an minute of it!

4 comments:

Char said...

they do grow so fast. enjoy the week

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your site, and Love, love, love your photography! My two children are young adults as well, and I do know what you mean about the quick passage of time!

Wiggley said...

Wish I was there too, the cake must be yummy.

jackie said...

I don't intend to miss any of those things either - I'm not far behind, and I do miss those littles days, the way my babies smelled right after a bath, the story times, making homemade playdoh, kissing boo boos, all of that.
Yea, I bet the cake was incredible especially if you made it.

p.s. i'm chuckling because my word verification to leave a comment is "ovulate" :)