Sunday, June 28, 2009

Snacking satisfaction

Most weekends I find myself in the kitchen searching for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. Even in the heat of summer I can be enticed to fire up the oven and put a new recipe through its paces.

When I saw these chocolate goodies last week, I knew it was only a matter of time before I'd be collecting the ingredients and whipping up a batch myself.

Batter

Sugar dust

Ready for snacking


Turns out I had most everything I needed in my pantry and refrigerator. I used Ghiradelli bittersweet chocolate chips and plain non-fat yogurt. The batter came together very easily and was thick and chocolatey. These were perfectly done after just 20 minutes in my oven, and moved quickly from the cooling rack to our tummies. I didn't have the whipped cream that was suggested so we settled for a dusting of powdered sugar. A very satisfying snack indeed!

Note: Recipe by David Lebovitz, via Smitten Kitchen

2 comments:

jackie said...

Okay, now having met you in person and seeing what a tiny little thing you are I'm wondering how you pack in all this baking and ice cream. You either do a lot of exercising or you don't eat anything else!

painted fish studio said...

these look soooo good! weekends i need to satisfy a sweet tooth, and i'm definitely making sure i have all the ingredients necessary to make them!