Monday, January 12, 2009

Playing catch-up and setting goals

So here we are, twelve days into 2009, and I'm still trying to get settled into the new year. The last few Christmas decorations were stashed away about a week ago and we have a little more breathing room again. But before we leave the holidays entirely, I want to show you the only Christmas knits from 2008.

Mitts for Moms


I made a pair of mitts for my mom and one for my mother-in-law, using Malbrigo yarn for the first time ever! Now I know what all the fuss is about. This yarn is truly a dream to work with. I actually have quite a bit left from these projects, so I may make a pair for myself as well.

Ready for gifting


Looking back over last year's projects I see that my knitting productivity was down quite a bit. I suppose my growing interest in photography has taken a chunk of my knitting time, but I'm O.K. with that. In fact, I've decided to participate in a 365 project, capturing the year in pictures day by day. It's a little daunting to think about, but since a camera finds its way into my hands most every day, I thought I'd give it a shot. I guess this is my version of a new year's resolution--to challenge myself creatively every day. I'll be sharing some of those photos in this space, and you can take a look at my daily work here as well.

So, do any of you have creative goals for this year? I'd love to hear about them. Maybe we can inspire and motive each other!

Project notes: Malabrigo "Pearl" and "Polar Morn" knit on size 7 Addi turbos, less than one skein each.

9 comments:

Sam said...

The malabrigo mitts are beautiful. And the Merry Christmas ribbon is adorable. Good luck with the 365.

Jan said...

Your knitting is beautiful, and so are your photographs. I can't wait to see the 365 results!

My creative resolution is to get a book published. And your photographs are part of the plan!

PlumStitches said...

the mitts are gorgeous - I love the colors. and the wrap job on the present is fabulous. good luck with the 365 project!

Anonymous said...

Those are just wonderful!!

Susie said...

The mitts are lovely! They look soft and warm. I haven't worked with malabrigo yet and you've got me chomping at the bit.

Erin said...

Just when I think I have seen every mitt out there...I really love these. Simple beauty.

gonzomama said...

i just knit with malabrigo this christmas too! i knit a cowl for my mother and it was hard to part with. it felt like a cloud wrapped around my neck. must knit some mitts for me now. those are lovely.

Knit Purl Gurl said...

These mitts are amazing! They have a simplicity about the design that makes them gorgeous!

Donna Boucher said...

Such a pretty pattern!
Beautifully done.