Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Pathetic

That's how I'd describe my knitting and crafting life right now. I see all the great projects being cranked out all over blogland, and I sit here with little to show. My work on the Noro shawl is coming along nicely, but more photos wouldn't really prove that, at least not 'till it's off the needles. I started this sock ages ago--with Opal Der Blaue Mond sock yarn--and it's been relegated to the bottom of the knitting bag. Poor little thing.

Opal sock start


The last two weeks my knitting time has been sucked up by holiday preparations and a family wedding. My niece was married here Saturday and I housed my parents, my brother, SIL, and two-year-old niece for five days. We had a blast, but I'm exhausted! I also hosted a bridal shower a couple of days ahead of the wedding, which compelled me to get the house all decked out--in addition to preparing for guests and continuing to care for my family's everyday needs. It's a good thing I have just two children; any more than that and I'd be locked away somewhere!

Well, enough of the lamenting. Time to get in gear, and get 'er done. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to show the next time you stop by!

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I love the colors of that sock. Sounds like you've been way too busy for knitting!

Anonymous said...

I know how it can be, whenever I have family visiting I'm always too busy to craft. I do love the pretty colors in your sock though :)

Anonymous said...

no wonder you haven't had time for knitting! I love your sock, and can't wait to see it completed!

La Cabeza Grande said...

No contest, Leslie. Family comes first, eh?

Do what you can and leave the rest to whenever you can without killing yourself. They'll understand.

Alison said...

That's a beautiful sock-in-progress. Such pretty colours!