Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Treasures

One person's trash is another person's treasure...which is why I love to haunt antique shops and flea markets. Over spring break we went to visit grandparents, and came home with some great finds from local shops.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Many trips to the antique shops leave me empty-handed, but not this time. The cake plate (sans strawberries) will join the others in my small collection. The stash of brightly-colored dominoes cost just $3 and were great fun for my niece to dump on the floor and play with this weekend. The colors and graphics on the old yardsticks caught my eye, so I now have the start of a new collection, residing in an antique ice cream bucket. The little Swanky Swig juice glass was purchased to replace one that was broken recently, and the polka-dot bowl doesn't match anything, but was too cute to pass by.

All this shopping success has me hungry to hit the antique trail again soon! What are your favorite things to collect?

4 comments:

Carole Knits said...

What adorable little things! I don't have actively collect them anymore but I used to collect bean pots.

clothesknit said...

i love love love the dominoes! i've never seen them with the colored dots...very girly and fun :o)

EnigLdy said...

I, too, collect old yardsticks. I love the advertising - maybe that is why I majored in it? Glad someone else can appreciate them.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Fantastic finds! I particularly like the dotted bowl and the colorful rulers.